- a silver watch that belonged to my grandmother
- not just a love of reading but the habit of reading
- the nervous habit of saying little bits of small talk to strangers in an inappropriately direct and forceful tone, “HEY HOW ARE YOU.”
- a name
- a small handcrafted hammer
- crooked ears
- an admiration of the George Foreman Grill
- a George Foreman Grill
When I was just a little girl, I called myself a goddess and I lived in the sky. Sometimes I wonder why I ever left.
storm 001 (2014)
At least half of the victors have instructed their mentors to request you as an ally. I know it can’t be your sunny personality.
Mr. Freeze is perhaps one of the most fascinating villains in the Batman Universe. He is detached, inexpressive, and like his name implies, cold. And yet, Mr. Freeze is inexplicably lifelike and relatable. “Heart of Ice” is arguably one of the most influential stories from Batman: The Animated Series because of this well-written origin story. After of the sudden, devastating loss of his wife, Nora, scientist Victor Fries transforms into Mr. Freeze, a vengeful killer, willing to harm anyone who steps in his way. But there is more to this tragic story. Under the subzero suit is a person burdened with unrelenting pain and sorrow. In this episode, we discuss the difficulty of dealing with loss and letting go, and explain how being “frozen in grief” is a very real thing.